Useful Links

Radiology (X-ray)

New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Radiation Regulations

A listing of the various NJ laws and regulations regarding the proper and safe use of radiation

Bureau of X-Ray Compliance – Dental X-Ray Licensing Page

The Bureau of X-ray Compliance, which is part of the NJDEP, is responsible for overseeing dental x-ray licenses. Formally if you have a dental x-ray license you are a “licensed dental radiologic technologist”. This webpage will provide you with the specifics of what is necessary obtain that license. The requirements for this license are listed more clearly and fully here.

Certified Dental Assistants (CDA)

Dental Assisting National Board (DANB)

A nationwide organization that oversees the certification of certified dental assistants (CDA) certificate holders, called certificants. They are also responsible for creating the exams necessary to obtain your credentials in New Jersey and many other states. In fact, DANB exams are either required or accepted in 38 states (including NJ) plus the District of Columbia. They also oversee the renewal of CDA certificates (making sure that current certificants keep their certifications up to date and in good standing) and also investigate any complaints against current CDA certificants.

Registered Dental Assistants (RDA)

New Jersey Department of Law & Public Safety – Division of Consumer Affairs

Search for and confirm the license of a person or business in New Jersey. This site will allow you for instance to look up an individual’s name and confirm that they are actively licensed in NJ to practice as a Registered Dental Assistant (RDA). If any disciplinary action has been brought up against an individual it can also accessed through this site.

New Jersey State Board of Dentistry

The state board is responsible for regulating and licensing various dental personnel in New Jersey including dentists, registered dental assistants (RDAs), limited registered dental assistants (LRDAs), and dental hygienists.

American Dental Association

Provides general information about the dental field including career information, research, public resources, and more.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

The CDC is a public health resource. Working with states they seek to monitor and prevent disease outbreaks and maintain nationwide health related statistics. Â You can find a variety of information on their website such as food safety guidelines, information for tourists, information about workplace hazards and illnesses including latex allergies and heat stress, state immunization laws, and oral health guidelines.

New Jersey Dental Clinic Directory

A county based listing of public dental clinics that are positioned to help provide individuals access to quality dental healthcare in spite of “insurance or financial constraints”.

Team Life

Emergency health training services and products. This includes a CPR training that can be used towards your CDA certification as well as towards the continuing education requirements necessary for your CDA certificate and RDA license.

World Education Services (WES): Translation & Evaluation

An educational evaluation service that assists individuals who have attended schools and/or colleges outside of the United States to have their degrees and/or transcripts translated into English and evaluated to determine their equivalency in the United States. It is not sufficient to just have your degree or transcript translated into English. It must also be evaluated by an agency to determine its US equivalency. If you use choose WES, you can order the “WES Basic – Document by Document Report”. While WES is perhaps the most widely used service, they are not the only option. Additional evaluation services provided by the NJ Department of Environmental Protection are listed here. Note: You may have to scroll down to see the list.